UTOPIA Washington provides workshops and trainings for your organization or business around decolonizing gender, sex worker advocacy, 2SLGBTQIA+ inclusion, transgender inclusive policy in the workplace, and more.
If you would like to request a training session please fill out the form below and a member of our team will reach out to you. While we will do our best to honor each request, UTOPIA Washington cannot guarantee we will be able to provide each workshop.
Workshop or Panelist Information
1 hour – $1,500
2 hour – $2,500
Customized Training & 1 month of Technical Support – $5,000
Panel and Speaker Fees – $500+
Supporting 2SLGBTQIA+ People in the Workplace
- Workplace Inclusion Training: We offer training on workplace inclusion and technical support programs to support employers and employees in creating and strengthening policies that support inclusive workplace environments for transgender people, women, gender minorities, and people of color. These trainings may cover topics such as gender transition in the workplace, reproductive rights, inclusive policies and practices, and fostering respectful and affirming workplaces. (Employers can opt in for technical support.)
Caring for 2SLGBTQIA+ People
- Healthcare Provider Training: We provide training to healthcare professionals to enhance their knowledge and understanding of queer and transgender healthcare. These trainings cover topics such as providing queer and transgender affirming care, hormone replacement therapy, gender affirming care, and have conversations in addressing healthcare disparities faced by 2SLGBTQIA+ communities.
- 2SLGBTQIA+ Cultural Competency Training: We focus on building cultural competency towards our communities and share their diverse experiences and needs. We offer strategies for creating inclusive environments.
- Decolonizing Gender: These trainings are designed to increase awareness and understanding of transgender identities, experiences, and challenges from a Pasifika indigenous lens. We will cover topics such as gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, sexual characteristics, terminology, and unique experiences of transgender, nonbinary, and all gender minorities policed for their proximity to femininity.
Understanding the Occupational Safety and
Health of Sex Workers
- Sex Work is Work 🌹: This training provides a 101 to sex worker advocacy, its history, different forms of sex work, and the issues and challenges faced by sex workers. We discuss myths and misconceptions, promote understanding, and destigmatize and humanize the experiences of sex workers. This training will also enhance awareness of the health and safety needs of sex workers. We will cover topics such as harm reduction approaches, trauma-informed care, and ways folx can educate communities in standing in solidarity with sex workers.
- Sex Work is Work 🌹🌹: This 201 training will cover the sex worker rights and policy advocacy work and landscape in this state, the region, and across the country. We will focus on educating the public about the legal and policy frameworks surrounding sex work and advocating for the rights and well-being of sex workers. We will explore decriminalization frameworks and models in other countries that can bring a fuller understanding of how sex workers are being supported or harmed.
- Sex Workers Against Sex Trafficking: This training focuses on fostering dialogue and collaboration between sex workers and anti-sex trafficking advocates, encouraging the recognition of shared goals and interests. We aim to address the importance of centering the voices and experiences of those directly affected while avoiding reductive or exploitative portrayals that perpetuate harm or reinforce stereotypes.
MANA Cultural Presentations and Performances
15 minute performance (up to 5 dancers) – $2,000
20-25 minute performance (up to 10 dancers) – $3,000
30-45 minute performance (up to 20 dancers) – $5,000
Singing Live Band – with PA system (30-45 minutes) – $2,500
Without PA system (30-45 minutes) – $3,500
Choir (30-45 minutes) – $3,500
Teaching/Instructing Choreography – $100/hour + mileage
Costume Design Rental – $100/piece (each accessory additional $50).