UTOPIA Washington in partnership with Asian Counseling and Referral Service (ACRS), Office of Immigrant and Refugee Affairs (OIRA), and New Americans Campaign (NAC) is holding a FREE Citizenship Clinic. You may attend this event in-person or virtually. During this clinic, a team of ACRS’ DOJ-Accredited Representatives, as well as volunteer attorneys and paralegals, will meet with eligible green card holders to complete their application for citizenship. Your appointment includes a FREE legal consultation. Please reach out to our team to sign up for a time slot. We have limited time appointments available. Each individual will be pre-screened for eligibility prior to attending our clinic.
– Be 18 years of age or older
– Have had your green card for at least 5 years (or 3 years if you’re married to a U.S. citizen)
– Be able to read, write, and speak basic English
– Have a basic understanding of U.S. history and government (civics)
– Be a person of good moral character
– Be willing and able to take the Oath of Allegiance WHAT YOU’LL
NEED TO PREPARE:
– Green card or proof of U.S. national status
– Marriage certificate(s) and/or divorce decree(s) where applicable
– List of all your address during the last 5 years
– List of all jobs held and/or schools attended during the last 5 years
– All valid and expired passport(s) OR list of travel dates for any trips taken outside of the U.S. during the last 5 years (including Canada and Mexico)
– Final court disposition for any arrests or criminal acts committed since entering the U.S.
– You will need to provide A#s, DOBs, and addresses for your spouse and children (where applicable)
FEES: There is no cost to participate in this clinic, however there is a $725 application fee that must be paid to USCIS. If you’re interested in applying for the application fee waiver, please prepare a copy of your most recent tax return and/or a letter from DSHS, Apple Health, or any other qualifying agency showing that you are currently receiving a public benefit.